Last winter I found this Japanese Morning Banana diet that worked out very well for me. Also, together with regular gym exercising (2-3 times per week), it helped me tone for my kite-surfing trip in Boracay (kite surf strength and beach body), so I decided to do it again this autumn/winter season. Just in case I end up somewhere sunny 🙂
So here it goes:
Eat a banana for breakfast!
- You can eat more than one, like two, but don’t stuff yourself to the point of fullness or discomfort.
- Eat only raw, uncooked, unfrozen bananas.
- If you are still hungry 15 or 30 minutes after your banana, you can eat other food like oatmeal, muesli, yoghurt. It must be light however.
Eat normally for lunch and dinner
- Dinner must be eaten by 8 p.m. at the latest (6 p.m. is better).
- There are no explicit limits on the types of food you can eat for lunch and dinner, or the amount. But avoid friend, lot of bread, lot of carbs – eat in moderation and healthy. Also avoid strict food rules to prevent a sense of deprivation.
- However, you should not eat a dessert with dinner or any of your meals; you’ll need to satisfy your sweet tooth during a snack, but we’ll get to that later.
- At all meals you should eat only until you’re satisfied but not full or stuffed. T
Drink only water
- The only beverage allowed at most meals is water, preferably mineral or filtered.
- There is no quota of water to drink, and you should not drink it in excess.
- Outside of meals non-caloric beverages like tea, coffee, and diet soda are generally allowed but somewhat frowned upon, and in general water is encouraged as much as possible; frequent consumption of milk products is discouraged.
- On social occasions you can drink wine.
Exercise! But only as much as you feel comfortable to
- Put no pressure on yourself to exercise.
- If you want to exercise, go ahead: the test is to do what puts the least stress on you.
- Try to get some walking in every day if possible (but again, don’t force yourself if it stresses you out).
So this is it. If you want, try it out, and I’m sure you will see results in the first week! 🙂